6 Steps to Sexier Skin pt. 1

sexier skinStep 1: Kiss Table Sugar Goodbye
Sugar is yummy…but it wreaks havoc on your body and your skin. Eating foods containing sugar (organic fresh fruit is the exception) our blood sugar level spikes upward, throwing it off balance. This creates inflammation and free radicals, and overloads our liver, kidneys and spleen. All this adds up to an attack on healthy cells and collagen (hello, wrinkles and hyper pigmentation) and can also make bacterial growth easier leading to breakouts. Processed sugar (or table sugar) is easy to spot in baked goods and ice cream, but a little harder to notice in beer, ketchup, salad dressing, bread, pasta, microwave dinners, and many other popular food items. This confusion is compounded with the introduction of “fake” sugars (sugar replacements) like sucralose (an ingredient that is 98% pure, meaning the other 2% showed trace levels of heavy metals, cyanide, and other nasty little things) and Aspartame (linked to many health concerns and laced with troubled studies since 1974.) One possible alternative (for those that take sweetness in their tea) could be organic blue agave nectar or small amounts of honey – but even those you do not want to overdo. Bottom line, sugar is no good, it has no nutritional value and prevents you from getting sexy skin. Don’t tiptoe around the facts by replacing everything with “sugar-free” versions…just cut it out. Try a ‘real deal’ sugar-free diet (laden with whole grain rice, fruits, vegetables, spices, herbs, nuts, seeds, legumes, and other light protein sources) for one week and see how great you look and fell!

Step 2: Upgrade Your Home Care

Instead of buying 5-10 inexpensive OTC (over the counter) beauty products every two months, invest in 3-5 quality professional skin care products from your local spa or skin care clinic that will last longer and yield better results without loading your skin with synthetic additives and fillers. Your home care can extend and improve your skin’s health when done correctly. A good cleanser, exfoliant, serum / moisture product and sunblock is sufficient for basic care at home. All of this will cost about $100-150 and will last about 2 months or more. That’s a total monthly budget of $50-75 – less than the price of an outfit or bottle or perfume! Can’t spend that much in one sitting? Opt for travel or intro kits that will run you about $50 – $60 and last 3-5 weeks.

Step 3: Get A Daily Dose of Antioxidants

Make sure your daily diet and supplement routine includes plenty of antioxidants: Vitamins A, C and E, co enzyme Q10, Alpha Lipoic Acid, as well as their supporters: polyphenols, carotenes and bioflavnoids. Antioxidants are found in your topical skin care products, but also need to be digested daily for optimal protective benefits. They are responsible for that “sexy glow.” Any brightly colored fruit or vegetable is loaded with antioxidants – that’s what the color is…antioxidants. Get the whole spectrum: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink…load up! Fruits and vegetables when eaten whole and raw, also contain plenty of fiber – another great bonus! There are many great antioxidant supplements on the market as well. Alpha Lipoic Acid, CoQ10 and Vitamin C are especially important so extra supplementation is needed.

Part 2 Tomorrow……

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
1 reply
  1. Robin @ toxicbeautyblog.com
    Robin @ toxicbeautyblog.com says:

    Great post! I really enjoyed it, especially the part regarding table sugar. White sugar really is poisonous both for the body and skin! If I use any sugar at all, I use natural cane sugar, but if I can avoid it, I use stevia as a sweetener ( no calories and it’s a safe herb.) One use I have discovered for white sugar is as a natural body scrub. If you can’t eat it, why not use it on your skin?

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *