We love pineapples. A fresh pineapple on a warm day is one of the best things ever!
Pineapple contains bromelain, a naturally enzyme, which aids in digestion. It also makes a wonderful exfoliant for the skin. Gentle enough for sensitive skin yet powerful enough to leave you feeling silky smooth! Bromelain enzymes dissolve and digest the cellular glue that holds old skin cells to the surface of the skin, then digest those flattened skin cells to reveal smoother skin underneath. The key benefit of enzyme exfoliants is that they do not OVER-exfoliate and they cause no inflammation. Depending on the percentage of bromelain used and skin condition, topical enzymes can be used twice a week or daily.
Pineapple also contains loads of Vitamin C for brightening and antioxidant protection, Vitamin B for skin strength, and manganese and copper for mineral support. Internally, pineapple can boost your daily intake of folic acid – which along with those natural enzymes for digestive support can be a lifesaver for you moms-to-be!
Perfect Pineapple Mask
- 2 large pieces of fresh pineapple (cored and peeled)
- 1 tbsp raw organic honey
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil (for dry skin)
- blend pineapple with a tiny bit of water (if needed) in blender until it’s a thick soup-like consistency
- pour into cup or bowl
- add in honey and coconut oil (if desired)
- blend until smooth with fork
- apply to clean, damp skin (preferably in the shower to utilize steam and not make too much of a mess)
- leave on skin for 5-15 minutes
- rinse thoroughly
- apply appropriate serum or moisturizer