For Friday, I wanted to share some of my personal favorite hair mask recipes. Gone are the days of gross synthetic V 05 Hot oil Packs….you can probably find these ingredients (most of them) in your bathroom or kitchen!
Avocado Masks: mash avocado and blend ingredients together in a small bowl
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Hot Oil Hair Treat: warm these ingredients in a small bowl in the microwave – be sure not to overheat!
- 1 tbsp jojoba oil
- 1 tbsp neem oil – one of my FAVORITE essential oils for hair. It helps relieve a dry and itchy scalp and brings new shine to your locks.
- 3 drops rosemary (for stimulating hair growth), lemon (for oily scalp) or lavender (for dry or sensitive scalp)
I also love these pre-made hair oil blends from ETSY:
Mayo Moisturizing Mask: combine all ingredients in a small bowl
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise – preferably organic, contains eggs and fat – exactly the kind of ingredients your hair needs to shine and feel soft
- lemon juice – fresh from 1 lemon
- 3 drops lavender oil
- *1 tbsp organic yogurt – if desired
Be sure to shampoo your hair both before and after the hair mask or oil treatment using a gentle, non-sulfate shampoo. I find that the masks can be pre-mixed and placed in a small bowl so that you can apply them while in the bath or shower.
For added benefit: Combine masking and soaking. Soak in a bubble, essential oil or Epsom Salt bath, while you are hair masking. You can also take this time to apply Sanitas Papaya Pineapple Mask, Vita Rich Mask, or Tea Tree Mask to your face and neck to complete the at-home spa experience! I like to do this about once a week, and when in combination – all of these things take about 20-30 minutes of blissful relaxation!